Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy New Hair!


Late 2009, I had a major transformation after I got a drastic change in hairstyle. One random day, I took the plunge and stepped into the salon and asked the stylist to give me a full fringe. I chose to go to Aveda, a reputable salon, and not the usual cheapo local salon I go to. I wanted to make sure I was in the best hands with this big decision. I remember how there was a full second pause before he actually cut it, as if giving me more time to savor the moment before what could either be cool or doom. The result?



I got mixed reviews from friends and family but I'd say it was mostly positive. Although my dad tells me to never get a cut like that again.


Towards the end of last year, I was toying with the idea of getting another "makeover" but I'm never the adventurous type to begin with. I had been wanting to get soft waves but would always chicken out. I had also always loved layered look but never really got to achieve it no matter which salon I went to because my hair is "too straight". I also thought maybe I'd look nice with a bob when that was the in thing but of course that didn't happen either. The new year celebrations are way over and I still have not made the trip to the salon. I've decided I'm keeping my hair long but it definitely needs updating. I did a quick google on this year's haircuts and ended up seeing this article on top hairstyles for 2011.



The Low Bun



The New Side Part


The Jane Birkin Bang


The Punky Short Cut


The Swoop

No comments: